7 Home Upgrades With the Best Financial Return
These are the home improvements experts say will return more of their cost when you sell:
1. New exterior siding. Upscale fiber cement siding pays back an average 78% of its cost. Foam-backed insulated vinyl siding and standard vinyl siding pay back almost 70% of their cost.
2. New entry door. A midrange 20-gauge steel door pays back 73% of its cost and boosts curb appeal.
3. Attic bedroom. Pop out a dormer, add a 5′ X 7′ bathroom with shower, insulate and finish walls and ceiling, and bring in heat, a/c, and wiring. You’ll get almost 73% back on your money and an attic remodel is the least expensive way to add living space and a bathroom.
4. A simple kitchen remodel. Keep this under $20,000 and you’ll get back an average 72% of your investment. Include upgrades like new sinks, faucets, appliances, and laminate countertops. Keep the floor but reface the cabinets with new hardware.
5. New garage door(s). Believe it or not, garage door replacements pay back over 71% of their cost if you install a midrange or high-end product. They also instantly up your curb appeal.
6. New wood deck. This earns back over 70% of its cost at resale.
7. Upscale vinyl replacement windows. Change out your old windows with ones with low-emissivity glass and insulation and you’ll enjoy a payback of over 69% of the cost.
Orson B.Klender, Associate Broker
Keller Williams Realty Saratoga Springs
38 High Rock Ave, Saratoga Springs, NY 12866
Connect with me…..
Cell: 1 (518) 588-2319 ~ Fax: 1(866) 588-6066